Friday, February 10, 2012

Q&A with Miguel Cortez (Part 2 of 3)

(continued)


What is your medium?
I do 2-D work, painting, drawing, video, computer prints, drawings and 3-D animation. I go from medium to medium, I don’t just stick to one.

How would you describe your work?
I’d say it’s eclectic. I don’t stick to just one style – I experiment. I studied art in high school, I went to a fine arts magnet school then I went to The Art Institute of Chicago.

Who’s your favorite artist?
I can’t narrow it down but I really like Marcel Duchamp because he did all kinds of stuff. He experimented with paintings, installations and cinema. He’s up there on my list. If he was alive today, I’m sure he would experiment with everything – the Internet, social networks, etc.

There are a lot of bloggers out there. What’s your view on maintaining Art Pilsen for free and in your own time?

I think this information needs to be shared.

(Next: Part 3)

Irish S.

No comments:

Post a Comment